Kiwanis 4th of July Parade - 2017
Kiwanis 4th of July Parade - 2017
Parade Entrant Registration
This is the page for participants to purchase their entry in the 2017 Kiwanis 4th of July Parade in Danville, California. Registration opened March 15th and closes June 14 at 6pm.
The theme for the parade this year is Celebrating Community Service. Please review the information on this page for important details regarding parade entry. Then, select the correct entrant type from the drop-down below and click Continue to proceed with registration.
When registering, you will be asked to select from the following entrant types:
- Commercial groups: A retail business or other for-profit entity
- Kiwanis sponsored group: Key Clubs, bands, entertainment, etc.
- Non-commercial groups: Non-commercial groups without 501(c)(3) status, religious groups, etc.
- Nonprofit with 501(c)(3) certification: 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations or their Non-Profit Fiscal Agent. 501(c)(3) organizations MUST bring a copy of their nonprofit status certificate during the pre-parade meeting (see below for details.) Organizations who do not provide certification will be charged the non-commercial fee.
- Paid parade sponsors: Gold, Silver, Platinum, Diamond and Presenting Sponsors
- Political incumbent - car + group: Incumbent politicians or officials (more than 3 people + 1 driver in one vehicle)
- Political incumbent - single car: Incumbent politicians or officials (max. 3 people + 1 driver in one vehicle)
- Veteran: If you are a veteran or Kiwanis Sponsored Group, there is no registration fee. Please ensure that you select the correct entrant type when registering. When submitting registration, you may still be prompted to enter credit card information. Please leave these fields blank - while they may appear on the page, you are not required to complete them. Please contact email@example.com with any questions related to completing your registration.
ALL parade entrants are required to attend a 45-60 minute meeting to pick up registration packets and discuss parade procedures on June 21st. There are two meeting times to choose from: 12:00pm (noon) or 5:00pm. Entrants are invited to attend either meeting.
The meeting will take place at the Danville Town Meeting Hall, located at 201 Front Street next to the Village Theatre. The parade packet provided at that time will include a Parade Entrant Number to be displayed on each Parade Unit before entering the Parade, staging area information, and parade rules. A question and answer session for entrants will also be held.
501(c)(3) organizations MUST bring a copy of their nonprofit status certificate during the pre-parade meeting (see below for details.) Organizations that do not provide certification of nonprofit status will be charged the non-commercial registration fee.
Please be aware that the San Ramon Valley Kiwanis Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity and absorbs nearly $30,000 in costs annually to organize and conduct the Kiwanis 4th of July Parade in Danville. Your support is needed and appreciated.
Paid parade sponsors (Gold, Silver, Platinum, Diamond and Presenting Sponsors) receive free parade entry. Please visit our Sponsors page to learn more about becoming a paid parade sponsor: Sponsorship >>
If it is determined that you have entered under an INCORRECT category and/or paid an incorrect entry fee, you will be billed the difference between what you paid and what you should have paid. Failure to pay the correct entry fee may result in disqualification from next years Pparade.
Contact Piet Brouwer, Kiwanis Chairman of the Parade, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (925) 791-2633 with any questions. (Please note that you will be prompted to leave a voice message at this number - leave a detailed message and you will be called back as soon as we are able to.)